Health Information Exchanges & the HIM Profession
Wednesday, September 12
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Discuss the value of an operational, community HIE from the perspective of both physician users and patients.
- Describe the technology solution of an operational HIE: electronic referrals, transfer of care documents, orders, results delivery, and the deployment of a Community Health Record (CHR).
- List the benefits of information transparency, barrier removal, community partnerships and more regional-management of population health.
- Describe several “Day in the Life” use cases where real patients have benefited from this community-based collaborative service.
Presenters: Yvonne Hughes (Coastal Connect HIE), Audrey Chase (NCHIMA), Dr. Joseph Cooper (Duplin OB/GYN) & Jim Burke (HIMformatics)
|9:00 - 9:30 am
Regional HIEs: Update on CCHIE Activity
|9:30 - 10:00 am
Value of Regional HIEs to their Communities
- A connected provider’s prospective - Dr. Joseph Cooper
- Intent to use HIE with achieving Meaningful Use
|10:00 - 10:30 am
|10:30 - 10:45 am
|10:45 - 11:15 am
- Referral Distribution, Results Delivery and PSI
|11:15 - 11:45 am
- How/when to involve HIM
- Importance of HIM purpose
- Creation of policies (CCHIE’s handed out)
- How to educate hospital staff, physicians, practice staff, and patients
|11:45 am - noon
||Lunch Break (pick up your box lunch)
|12:00 - 1:00 pm
Steps to Deployment
- Community partnerships
- Southern Piedmont Beacon Community
- Removing Barriers
- Governance and Sustainability
- Benefits of transparency
- Population Health
Approved by Greensboro AHEC for CEU credits.
Approved by NCHIMA for 4.0 Technology CE, PA#13-01.