With the final rule on the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) released by CMS in October 2016 and the rule going into effect in CY 2017, healthcare providers are now tasked with the readiness and implementation plan to meet the parameters of the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and the Advanced Alternative Payment Models (APMs). The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), in collaboration with partners in the private, public, and non-profit sectors, launched the Healthcare Learning and Action Network (LAN), to assist in advancing the adoption of value-based healthcare and alternative payment models. As part of this effort, the LAN developed an APM framework that categorizes the transition from fee-for-service to population-based quality care.
- NCHICA Member Spotlight Podcast featuring NC TECH
- Value-Based Payment for Specialists: Models Built on Primary and Pharmacy Care
- NCHICA Member Spotlight Podcast featuring Stern Security
- Michael Levy of Bluedoor on Open Innovation
- NCHICA Member Spotlight Podcasts featuring Duke Center for Health Informatics