March 27, 2018
Research Triangle Foundation Headquarters
Research Triangle Park, NC
The security of biomedical devices is a critical challenge for healthcare systems because it is often a shared responsibility among IT, clinical engineering, procurement, and compliance departments. This forum will feature a panel discussion on topics including:
- The obligations of manufacturers to secure biomedical devices against cybersecurity threats.
- How efforts to secure devices are coordinated between device manufacturers, procurement and health system departments.
- The biggest challenges for clinical engineering and IT staff in securing devices.
- Who is liable if a device is hacked? How do you even know if there was a breach of data?
The program also includes interactive small table discussions on these topics:
- What are your risk mitigation strategies against a hack or data breach?
- How well coordinated are the departments in your healthcare system to manage biomedical devices?
- What are the pros/cons of clinical engineering reporting to IT in your healthcare system?
|8:30 am||Registration & Networking|
|9:00 am||Panel Discussion on the Challenges of Securing Biomedical Devices|
|11:15 am||World Café Small Table Discussions|
|1:00 pm||Reports on Table Discussions|
- Don Gage, Senior Security Analyst & Associate Professor of Radiology, Wake Forest Baptist Health
- Bill Hagestad, Senior Principal Cyber Security Engineer for R&D, Smiths Medical
- Tracey Hughes, Senior Director, DHTS Clinical Engineering, Duke University Health System
- Dale Nordenberg, Executive Director, MDISS
Who Should Attend
Healthcare system staff representing IT security, clinical engineering, procurement and legal departments; biomedical device manufacturers; anyone involved in securing biomedical devices
The registration fee is $99 NCHICA Members / $149 Non-members and includes lunch. Click here to register.
We have a limited number of sponsorship opportunities available. The fee is $500 and includes an exhibit table and two registrations. Click here to sign up.
Research Triangle Foundation of NC Headquarters, 12 Davis Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC
Join our alliance of more than 300 organizations dedicated to transforming healthcare through information technology, informatics and analytics.