Navigating the Transition to Value
March 16, 2016, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Research Triangle Foundation Headquarters
The purpose of this workshop is help healthcare providers (delivery systems, hospitals, physicians, etc.) explore strategic considerations—technical, financial, and operational—of moving to a value-based system. As providers move away from a fee-for-service system to an outcomes-based system, what changes are necessary in technology, analytics, etc.? What strategies are needed for incremental change? Where does one start on the path to transition?
- 8:30-9:00 am: Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 9:00-10:00 am: The Pivot from FFS to Population-Based Health — Kevin Schulman, MD, MBA, MMCi Program Director and Professor of Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine
- 10:10-11:10 am: Operationalizing the Transition to Value — Sharon Williams, President, SWB Consulting Group
- 11:20-12:20 pm: Volume to Value: The Transition to Value-Based Healthcare — Peyman Zand, MBA, Partner, Vaco Healthcare
- 12:20-1:00 pm: Networking Lunch
- 1:00-2:00 pm: Bending the Trend: Kaiser Permanente’s Approach to Diabetes Prevention — Miriam Bell, MPH, Director, Center for Care Partnership, Kaiser Permanente
- 2:10-3:10 pm: The Move to Value-Based Payment: Leveraging DSRIP to Achieve Strategic Objectives, Trends & Implications — Joseph Kuehn, Partner, KPMG
- 3:20-4:20 pm: Examining Quality: Are We Making Progress? — Eugene Kroch, PhD, Executive Advisor, Booz Allen Hamilton
- 4:30 pm: Adjourn
The registration fee includes continental breakfast and lunch.
- NCHICA members: $199
- Non-members: $299
Research Triangle Foundation of NC, 12 Davis Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC. Click here for directions.