The Education Committee will deliver value to NCHICA members and the broader healthcare community through programs that transfer knowledge developed and experiences gained from NCHICA activities and that provide financial resources to assist NCHICA in achieving its goals.
- Provide leadership for NCHICA educational activities to ensure development of relevant programming for NCHICA members and the broader healthcare community.
- Develop an understanding of the needs of NCHICA members and the broader healthcare community for education and training in areas of competence for NCHICA. (e.g., policy and technologies that support the secure electronic exchange of information).
- Build a strong and active relationship with professional societies and associations that will result in mutually beneficial programs.
- Develop the Education Committee structure and membership that provides the necessary resources to support attainment of objectives.
- Provide reports at each Board meeting that includes a calendar of events, educational objectives, resources required, and fiscal impact.
- Develop a survey process that meets Goal # 2 above and derives educational objectives from the results. Utilize recent surveys and input from other NCHICA groups such as Roundtables, Workgroups, Taskforces, and other relevant sources.
- Gather topics and other data on alternative delivery models such as webinars and blended learning.
- Propose a delivery model that meets Goal #3 above and that has revenue sharing potential. The model should build on the strengths of NCHICA to deliver content and that leverages the facilities, marketing and meeting facilitation strengths of NCHICA member organizations.
- Request nominations from each of the NCHICA Focus Groups, Workgroups, or Taskforces for subjects/topics that would be suitable for educational programs. These potential programs will be compiled on a master list of potential programs, prioritized, put on a calendar and developed further in conjunction with the appropriate group.
- Represent the NCHICA Board’s interest on all planning committees for educational activities.
Submit an abstract to present at one of NCHICA’s educational events in 2016!