Support the frontline healthcare workers by interpreting the framework for collecting the right data once at the right time to support diagnosis and appropriate treatment and provide supporting analytics for patient and clinician behavior modification.
Framework for Activities
- Problem Statement (issues and desired outcomes)
- Benefit / Goal
- Stakeholders (to whom)
- Sizing (when/timeline and level of effort required)
- Business Model (sustainable, how, value)
- Relevant Regulatory Concerns
- Education of members through discussion of topics selected by the roundtable members.
- Encouragement of on-going networking and sharing of issues and solutions among roundtable members.
- Provide guidelines and recommendations on topics selected by the roundtable members.
- Develop initiatives that will benefit each member’s respective organization involvement.
- Long-term Goals:
- Look for solutions to improve clinical workflow thru better use and access to data
- Decrease cumbersome data collection, “collect right data once at the right time”
- Look at the impact increased technology has on critical thinking skills.
- Share lessons learned
- Use of “subject matter experts”
- Improving proactive population health outreach to:
- steer patients to more appropriate venues of care
- Educate patients to improve long-term care through patient engagement
- home health tie-in and data availability
- better transitions of care
- case management before individuals become patients
- Better merging HIS/EMRs with reports with decision support with education
- Point of service decision support in context of population management
- Operating in multiple environments (BI data from current vendor(s) while implementing a new vendor)
Participation in meetings is for NCHICA members only, and registration is required. Click here for more information.
Resources from April 7, 2015 Meeting:
- Developing a Policy & Governance Framework for an Operational Learning Health System (Holt Anderson, Learning Health Strategies)
- Essential Standards (and Structures) to Enable Learning (Landen Bain, CDISC)
- The Learning Health System & The Learning Health Community (Charles Friedman, University of Michigan)
- Comments on ONC Interoperability Roadmap / Table
Sponsor lunch at an upcoming Informatics & Analytics Roundtable meeting and give a brief presentation about your organization’s products and services.