Our mission is to help member organizations reduce the cost, complexity, risk and labor burden associated with managing legacy data after a system is replaced in a healthcare organization.
Our charter is to discuss, develop and share information, tools and best practices that will guide stakeholders through the development of a legacy data management strategy to meet state and organizational record retention requirements.
The taskforce will create a set of deliverables aimed at providing guidance for stakeholders to accomplish the following steps to develop a legacy data management strategy:
- Assess the current state of the IT Portfolio
- Inventory legacy systems to be decommissioned
- Map out legacy data migration needs
- Develop a project plan and budget
- Prioritize and document a system retirement schedule
- Review legacy data management options
- Identify internal or external project resources
- Determine an environment for deployment
- Identify data extraction/migration/retention vendors
- Write and distribute a request for proposal (RFP)
- Evaluate data extraction/migration/retention vendors
- Document a legacy data management strategy
- Contract with vendor(s) and execute on strategy
This taskforce meets on the 1st Thursday every month beginning in October. Meetings are held from 1:00pm – 3:00pm in person and by teleconference. Participation in meetings is for NCHICA members only, and registration is required. Click here to view upcoming meetings.
Sponsor lunch at an upcoming Technology Resources Workgroup meeting and give a brief presentation about your company’s products and services.